“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.” — Albert Einstein
As a military member, the existing Military Transition 1.0 Model is not setting you or your family up for post-military success because you’re asked to do too much, in too little time, with no individual training.
At PreVeteran, we’re critical of the the Military Transition 1.0 Model for a couple reasons:
- We care about our military families and veteran community and this model leads to poor outcomes.
- Military members and their families are not made aware of this challenge, and as a result, are denied the ability to overcome these challenges if they receive individual training.
The Ineffective Military Transition 1.0 Model
Let’s walk through the graphic starting in the top, left, where you see the military service bar. Whether you were in the military four years or 30 years, you’ll begin the vast majority of your post-military preparation in the last 12 months.
Here’s what they don’t tell you—in the last 12 months, your workload triples.
- 1X—You have to do your normal day job, continue your training, and also fulfill your normal family obligations
- 2X—You have to administratively get out of the military. This includes time-intensive outprocessing items including attending medical / dental appointments, being read out of your security clearance, and a host of other things
- 3X—Trying to figure out who you are and what you want to do when you leave the military. By far and away, this is the most complex—and least understood—part of military transition preparation because you need to return to being (and thinking like) an individual in the civilian world.
Likely Result—You’ll Accomplish Your 1X & 2X Activities But Delay or Avoid Your 3X Activities
If you look at how your workload will triple within your last 12 months of service, it’s logical that you’ll focus on the 1X and 2X activities because they’re familiar and these actions must be done to successfully leave the military.
The reason you’ll delay or avoid the 3X is because:
- You won’t have adequate time because the the last 12 months are consumed by accomplishing your 1X and 2X activities
- There’s no emphasis or tools provided to help you regain your individual agency and autonomy
Want to Overcome This Challenge and Be Successful—With Guaranteed Results?
Seems too good to be true? It’s not. Over the past couple of years we’ve developed a Military Transition 2.0 System that helps you bridge the gap from where you are now to having an optimized transition. Find the career you want, make more money, and have less stress—guaranteed.